WELCOME TO THE GLUTEN FREE INSTITUTE
The National Restaurant Association recently released the results of their yearly research survey, declaring that gluten free cuisine is the #1 hottest trend in restaurant menus for 2012. With the number of diagnosed Celiac cases rising beyond 3 million in just America alone, the need for certified, cross-contamination free menus are becoming a paramount necessity for the industry, and one that is proving to be a profitable niche.
- The Gluten Intolerance Group of North America estimates a 10-14% increase in yearly profits for restaurants offering a gluten-free menu
- $2.6 billion market for gluten-free foods and growing by 28% yearly
- 'Gluten-free' is the fastest growing food trend in the United States
- 1 in 133 Americans (3 million) have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease
- 1 in 7 Americans (25 million) have related gluten sensitivity or gluten intlerance
- Celiac disease and related sensitivities have no cure BUT a strict gluten-free diet
- #1 complaint of gluten-sensitive individuals is the difficulty in dining out
The Gluten Free Institue™ has been working with restaurants since 2010 in developing a unique protocol within the establishment for providing gluten-free and cross contamination-free food for Celiac or gluten sensitive patrons through a 6-Steps to Gluten-Free Safety™ Restaurant Certification Program. By establishing a restaurant certification protocol in your establishment, and properly educating your staff, your restaurant can confidently welcome these guests, versus dealing with them on a case-by-case basis.
The Gluten Free Institute Restaurant Certification Program™ has been developed for:
- Independently owned restaurants
- Chain restaurants
- Restaurants currently offering GF menu items, who do not hold a certification
Click here to learn more about The Gluten Free Institute™ certification process
Proud Members of: